Very tasty and very versatile. You can add any dried fruit, or omit it entirely.
Make and share this Oatmeal Cream Cheese Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the oatmeal and the buttermilk, stir and let soak.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- Add chopped peaches to flour mixture to coat.
- Mix together cream cheese and egg, and add to oatmeal mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Pour in greased muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar before baking.
- Bake in 400° oven, 25-30 min.
- Makes 5 Texas-size muffins.
Great Recipe...I added chocolate chips instead of dried fruit since I am a chocoholic and couldn't find a Oatmeal Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip recipe!! My Son loved them...
Everybody loved these. I deviated from the the listed recipe in three minor ways. First, I doubled it and made 6 large and 12 small muffins. The small ones were ready at 25 min and I left the large ones in for another 5 minutes. Next, I only had reduced fat cream cheese, and it worked out just fine. Finally, I accidentally mixed my oats with the buttermilk before I realized that I had used old fashioned instead of instant. I let them soak in the buttermilk for about 1/2 hour. Once again, no problems at all. Thanks for the recipe, ~Bliss~. I'm looking forward to making them again with some different types of dried fruit!