Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very tasty and very versatile. You can add any dried fruit, or omit it entirely.
Make and share this Oatmeal Cream Cheese Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried peaches, chopped (or any dried fruit)
- Combine the oatmeal and the buttermilk, stir and let soak.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- Add chopped peaches to flour mixture to coat.
- Mix together cream cheese and egg, and add to oatmeal mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Pour in greased muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar before baking.
- Bake in 400° oven, 25-30 min.
- Makes 5 Texas-size muffins.
Great Recipe...I added chocolate chips instead of dried fruit since I am a chocoholic and couldn't find a Oatmeal Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip recipe!! My Son loved them...
Everybody loved these. I deviated from the the listed recipe in three minor ways. First, I doubled it and made 6 large and 12 small muffins. The small ones were ready at 25 min and I left the large ones in for another 5 minutes. Next, I only had reduced fat cream cheese, and it worked out just fine. Finally, I accidentally mixed my oats with the buttermilk before I realized that I had used old fashioned instead of instant. I let them soak in the buttermilk for about 1/2 hour. Once again, no problems at all. Thanks for the recipe, ~Bliss~. I'm looking forward to making them again with some different types of dried fruit!