Recipe by Bec
I'm sure you can use either Old Fashioned Oats or Quick-Cooking- It just depends on your preference.
Top Review by RSL
Taking the tip from another reviewer, I mixed the cream cheese with a little sugar. I still didn't care at all for the cream cheese in these - the rest of the muffin, however, was insanely good! Very dense yet really moist, and with a really good texture. The topping is great, too. I will keep this recipe and make it again, without the cream cheese filling.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, mix oatmeal and milk and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir brown sugar, oil and egg into soaked oats.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into oat mixture just until blended.
- Spoon half of the batter into 12 paper lined muffins cups.
- Place about 1 teaspoon cream cheese into the center of the batter in each cup.
- Top with remaining batter, making sure the cream cheese is covered with batter.
- Combine oats and brown sugar for topping- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until centers are set.