Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love oatmeal, dried cranberries and white chocolate in cookies, my personal favourites! I like cookies recipes that make 1 to 2 1/2 dozen. DH likes them somewhat sweeter so we add another 2/3 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla this is my DH's idea I add about a 1/4 cup more white chocolate chunks or chips whatever I have on hand. I have made these cookies with quick oats the taste for us changes a great deal we have found. These cookies are great at coffee time!
- 2⁄3 cup butter (softened) or 2⁄3 cup margarine (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (extra-large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats (old-fashioned no substitutions)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cranberries (Ocean Spray Craisins Dried)
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chunks or 2⁄3 cup chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy important. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.