Recipe by VA
I found this recipe on another web site and was happy to see it gives a note about changing ingredients according to the type of oats you are using (Old Fashioned Oats or Quick Oats). I used the Quick Oats option and these cookies were outstanding! I can't stop thinking about them - so delicious!
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned Quaker Oats, uncooked (see note below)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (see note below)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup wihite chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in oats.
- Add dry ingredients (by hand) to butter mixture in several addisitions, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in cranberries and white chocolate.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets (I use parchment paper).
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Cool completely and store tightly covered.
- NOTE - To use Quick Quaker Oats, decreas flour to 1 1/3 cups.