Oatmeal Cranberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400, and line a dozen muffin cups with paper liners.
- While oven is heating, pour milk over oatmeal, and let stand 5 minutes, to allow oats to absorb milk.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, and mix well. Add melted margarine and egg to oatmeal mixture and mix well. Fold into dry ingredients, just enough to moisten. Overmixing will make tough muffins.
- Place 1 heaping Tablespoon of batter in bottom of each lined muffin cup, and top with jellied cranberry sauce. Spoon batter over the top of each cranberry filling.
- In small bowl, with two knives, pastry cutter, or in food processor or mixer, combine ingredients for streusel, and sprinkle evenly over the top of muffins.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Yield: 12 muffins.