Recipe by Wendy W88
I took a chewy Cape Cod version of an oatmeal cookie recipe and substituted cranberries for the raisins, and added a few extra spices. A favorite at my house and easy to make! (These are a very chunky cookie.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 dash nutmeg
- 1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted shortening
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup ocean spray dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together well.
- Drop by spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes and enjoy!
- (These are also very fab with dried cherries and chocolate chips! YUM!).