Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I took a chewy Cape Cod version of an oatmeal cookie recipe and substituted cranberries for the raisins, and added a few extra spices. A favorite at my house and easy to make! (These are a very chunky cookie.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 dash nutmeg
- 1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted shortening
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup ocean spray dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together well.
- Drop by spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes and enjoy!
- (These are also very fab with dried cherries and chocolate chips! YUM!).
Great cookie! I followed the easy instructions and the cookies came out perfect. I really loved the cranberries replacing the usual raisins. Thanks Wendy for a good recipe.
Thanks for a great recipe. I had tried another oatmeal cookie and they seemed on the dry side. Yours are very good. Thanks
While I would give this cookie a five star for taste, I found the dough a little stiff and dry and my cookies came out kinda hunky,didn't really spread the way I like. I thought I was very careful about measuring out the dry ingredients?? The middles were soft but I prefer a cookie that is soft and moist all over with a little crispiness to the edges.Mine only needed 10 mins. any longer and they would have been very dry. I left out the nuts and added white chocolate chips. Very tasty just did not have the texture I like. Thanks for the recipe.