Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I didn't have raisens on hand, but I had dried cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon chps, so decided to experiement
Whisk together and set aside
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Cream wet ingredients
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in
- 6 cups oats (not instant)
- 2 cups dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups cinnamon baking chips (10 oz)
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- (Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats,cranberries, cinnamon chips and walnuts; stir to incorporate.
- Fill cookie scoop with dough.
- (Use a #40 cookie scoop; it measures 2 tablespoon of dough) Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough.
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool.