Recipe courtesy Juan-Carlos Cruz Show: Weighing In Episode: Big John & The Twins
Make and share this Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (recommended ( Craisins)
- In a large bowl, cream butter with brown sugar and spices. Beat in egg, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Mix flour, oats and remaining dry ingredients including cranberries, in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter and drop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie with the back of the tablespoon. Repeat until sheet is full, being careful not to crowd. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container.