I received a package of this as a gift and loved it so much I asked for the mix recipe too. Unusual use of ingredients but turns out a nice cookie. Mix makes about 4 cups of mix. Prepared you receive approximately 2 - 2 1/2 cookies total.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded wheat, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a 1 quart glass container (a mason jar works great!), layer the flour mixture, sugar, brown sugar, oats, walnuts, cereal and cranberries. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Write this note to go with your gift mix: To Prepare Cookies ~ In a large bowl, beat the softened butter, egg, water and vanilla until blended. Add cookie mix and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Such a pretty gift jar! I haven't prepared the cookies yet, I needed a shower gift and took these. Everyone thought they were so cute,and begged for the recipe. Will report back when I have a chance to make it again and acutally bake them. I'm putting this jewel in my holiday idea cookbook. Made for newest tag. Addition Dec. 8, 2012... these cookies are so very good, I added a handful of white chocolate chips ..yummmmmmmm.