Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a combination of a breakfast bar recipe I saw on here and an oatmeal cookie recipe.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 7 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the vegetable shortening, sugar, and half of the juice and mix until creamy. An electric mixer works best.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the oats mix well.
- Add the oats and mix evenly.
- Spread the mixture in a 9x13 greased glass baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Cut into 12 bars.