For Dirk, with love.
Make and share this Oatmeal Cranberry Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, wholewheat flour works just as well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, not instant
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut, medium
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, Ocean Spray Craisins
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips, placed in freezer to harden this retains their shape in baking
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream together white and brown sugar, margarine, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Beat in egg.
- Mix in sifted flour, baking powder and soda, salt, oats and coconut until combined.
- Stir in dried cranberries, almonds and white chocolate chips.
- Drop slightly heaped tablespoons of dough on a sprayed SHINY baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes depending on your oven. Should be evenly golden in colour.
- Remove to cooling rack.
- Freeze really well.