Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but whenever I make them they get rave reviews.
Top Review by Chef GrammaPaula
I have used this recipe many times with rave reviews. I saw it originally many years ago in Martha Stewart Living magazine. She said it was her favorite cookie recipe, at the time. Martha used dried tart cherries, instead of craisins, which is what I have always used. The cherry flavor, with the chocolate and toffee is fabulous. I usually make the dough, freeze in logs and bake, as needed, after defrosting in the fridge.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 cup toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together well and add egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour and baking soda until well blended and gradually blend in oatmeal, chocolate chips, sweetened dried cranberries, and toffee bits.
- (Chill dough well to prevent mixture from "spidering" while baking.)
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.