Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Gooseberry Patch Old-Fasioned Country Cookies. Untried by me. I imagine the batter will be very stiff.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in air-tight containers.