1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Cookiewiches With Kahlua Creme
1 hr 15 mins
A little more sophisticated than the cookiewiches that my kids like. Store them in the freezer, and then put in the fridge as you sit down to dinner, and it will be thawed just right by desert time! (Cook time is time to bake ALL of the cookies)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 apple, grated (or finely diced, not more than 1 cup)
- granulated sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- 3Cream together the shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- 5Stir in the flour mixture.
- 6Mix in the oats.
- 7Add in the nuts and apples. The dough will be fairly stiff, and may not 'hold together'. This is OK. As long as there is not dry oatmeal or flour, the mix is not too dry.
- 8Drop by large tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. I use a double-dip of my small cookie scoop. I can fit 6 on a cookie sheet. I've found that they 'spread' more on airbake sheets, so I prefer regular dark cookie sheets with silpat liner.
- 9Using a fork, dipped in sugar, press the cookies down to about a 2 inch round size. You will want them to be uniform size and shape for later.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool.
- 11To make the Kahlua Creme, whip the heavy cream and Kahlua to soft peaks.
- 12Add the vanilla pudding mix and continue to beat until creme is thick.
- 13Spread a good dollop of creme on the center of one of the cookies. Top with another cookie, and press gently until creme squished to edge of the cookies.
- 14You can either eat them like this, while the creme is soft. Or you can freeze them, and thaw partially before eating, giving it more of an ice-cream texture.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Cookiewiches With Kahlua Creme
Serving Size: 1 (1992 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.9
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.1 mg
- Sodium 230.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g