1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Cookies With White Chocolate & Cranberries
Found on Elizabeth Baird's Four Seasons of Canadian Food Blog. Change it up by using a different type of chocolate and nuts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, large flake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or 3/4 cup dried cherries or 3/4 cup raisins
- 11. Line 2 large rimless baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats, or grease; set aside.
- 22. In a large bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until fluffy; beat in the egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the butter mixture in 2 additions until blended. Stir in the chocolate and cranberries.
- 33. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Scoop by tablespoons (15 mL) into mounds, set 2-inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets. Roll each mound into a ball; with a fork, press down to about 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) thickness.
- 44. Bake in bottom and top thirds of 350°F (180°C) oven until cookies are golden brown underneath and edges are crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes. Switch and rotate the baking sheets halfway through the baking to ensure even cooking.
- 55. Let cookies rest on the baking sheets to firm up, about 3 minutes, before transferring to racks to cool. (Make-ahead: Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week. Freeze for longer storage - up to 1 month if nobody in the house knows about them.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Cookies With White Chocolate & Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 106.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g