Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am trying to remake the Chippery's Breakfast Cookie - this isn't close but it is good. I use colored sugar for holidays or just to spice it up a bit
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats (ground)
- 1⁄2-1 cup ground pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried blueberries or 1 1⁄4 cups craisins or 1 1⁄4 cups dried cherries or 1 1⁄4 cups dried plums
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg, mix and then add the applesauce.
- Take the 1 1/2 cup oats and grind them - add to mixture. Add the honey, flax meal and almond extract. Sift the dry ingredients inches.
- Mix in the dried fruit, 1/2 cup oats and the ground nuts if desired.
- Chill the dough - as least till cool and a bit stiff.
- Place about 1 teaspoonful of dough on a greased cookie sheet.
- Grease or wet the bottom of a small glass, dip in sugar, and press gently on each uncooked cookie, flattening it to a thickness of about 1/4 inch, re-sugaring glass for each cookie.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.