Recipe by libidess
Thanks to my friend Maya, who bakes awe-inspiring breads, always feeds me well and has given me shelter.
Top Review by White Rose Child
These do not taste conventional, but I've never let that stop me loving anything!! They were great, tasted like oaty tahinopita cookies. I used golden/thompson's raisens, wwpastry flour and about a tsp. of cinnamon (essential IMO!) Lovely texture. I halved it and got 20 cookies. (may I suggest changing "sesame butter" to "tahini" which is in the kitchen dictionary, to make the nutritional analysis more accurate?)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup sesame butter or 3⁄4 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1 cup brown demerara sugar
- raisins or other dried fruit, that you like
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oatmeal and water - knead lightly into a sticky mass.
- Add other ingredients and mix it up (best to do with your hands as it will be very stiff).
- Roll into small balls, flatten slightly.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 180 degree Celsius for about 15 minutes.