Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a quick mix to a tasty cookie. I hope you enjoy the taste as much as I did.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, if desired
- Combine the first five ingredients; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Add oats and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- TO PREPARE COOKIES: In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups cookie mix, egg, milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
- BAKE: At 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
I just made these yesterday. very tasty and sweet. better then old fashion oatmeal cookies. that are bitter. my kids loved them and I couldnt make enough.