1/6 Photos of Oatmeal Cookies
A healthier alternative to traditional oatmeal cookies adapted from Bon Appetit, Dec. 1986 is a favorite among children and adults.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cream butter or margarine with sugars in large mixing bowl.
- 3Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- 4Stir in dry ingredients (flours-salt) until blended.
- 5Add oats and wheat germ, stirring until combined.
- 6Stir in chocolate chips, raisins and pecans (if using).
- 7Form dough into 3-inch balls and place on cookie sheets.
- 8Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 116.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g