Recipe by Chris in Cocoa
A small batch of wheat free chewy cookies. The ground raisins make it extra moist and sweet. Unbaked cookie dough balls freeze well.
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup raisins, divided
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups oatmeal, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine sugar, powdered milk, walnuts and 1/4 cup raisins.
- Blend until nuts and raisins are chopped fine.
- Cream butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in molasses, vanilla extract and egg.
- Process half of the oatmeal with the baking soda until it resembles coarse flour.
- Stir all of the oatmeal into the creamed mixture.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Place tablespoon size balls on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 17-19 minutes.