Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
For chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies, omit the raisins and add 2 coarsely chopped imported chocolate pieces or use half raisins, half chocolate chunks.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water, hot, mixed with soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt (tiny)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cream the butter with the shortening to blend well.
- Mix in the sugar and milk powder, then egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the hot water, which has been mixed with the baking soda.
- (All of these steps can be done in the food processor). Fold in the salt, flour, oatmeal, raisins, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Dip hands in water and press cookies down to flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For chocolate chunk oatmeal: omit raisins and add 2 cups chocolate chunks.
Not a very good cookie, but it did the trick.
very crumblely, but hey it's a cookie MMmmmmgood....