Recipe by katemonster8
Absolutely delicious! Modified a recipe and came out with these little wonders. White or wheat flour can be used; I usually do 1 1/4 cup wheat and 1 cup white, but anything works.
Top Review by jhill66
These are the best oatmeal cookies I've ever made. I made them with the wheat flour for my Mom, who's diabetic, and everyone LOVED them! I put the first list of ingredients in my food processor instead of using a mixer, then transferred it to a bowl and added the oatmeal. I rolled the cookies into 1-1 1/4" balls adding 3-4 raisins to each one, and didn't cook quite as long as suggested. I always use a cushionaire sheet for my cookies. They were perfect and delish! Crispy on the outside and more soft inside. Great texture. Thank you for the recipe. Definitely a keeper.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 cups unpacked brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat on medium for 1-2 minutes. stir in oatmeal.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Dool 2 minutes, then transfer to racks.