Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Absolutely delicious! Modified a recipe and came out with these little wonders. White or wheat flour can be used; I usually do 1 1/4 cup wheat and 1 cup white, but anything works.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 cups unpacked brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat on medium for 1-2 minutes. stir in oatmeal.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Dool 2 minutes, then transfer to racks.
Awesome cookies Kate. They were really quick and easy to make with excellent results. These little treats are wonderful, great flavor and super texture: soft, tender, chewy and crispy all at the same time. The oatmeal really shines. Theiy are perfect plain and would be even more over the top with golden raisins, milk chocolate chips or coconut. Thank you for sharing your recipe, which is now my go to oatmeal cookies recipe, intto my keeperbox this goes. Made for Spring Pac 2012.