Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love a good chewy oatmeal cookie. These are lower in fat than most recipes and taste delicious. You can put in most any dried fruit. A combination of raisins, golden raisins, chopped dried cherries, and cranberries is delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins (or other chopped dried fruit)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in the corn syrup, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Gradually add combined flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown and the middle isn't wet.
- Cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.