Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Oatmeal cookies the way my family likes them.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened medium shredded coconut (I use Bob's Red Mill )
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking soda, mix well.
- Add oats, chocolate chips, coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- With wet hands, form golf-sized balls of dough, flatening them a little with your hands.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350º F ( preheated oven ).
- Note: We like fresh cookies just out of the oven, so, I usually bake a few at a time, keeping the dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Dough can be kept this way for up to one week.