Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my Grandma's recipe, it's one of my favorite cookies. I bake mine closer to 12 minutes, because I like a softer cookie. You can add some chocolate chips if you want. They taste great either way.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together shortening, sugars, egg, water, and vanilla until creamy.
- Next add Cimmamon, Baking Soda, and opt. Salt.
- Then add flour.
- Finally, add Oats.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
First, let me say, ROCK CHALK! I will admit that was the reason why I chose this recipe. However, it was fantastic! I doubled it, because I like to give some to my neighbors and I ended up having to add more water. Unfortunately I did the SWAG method. I'm guessing it was about another 1/4c. I also added cranberries, raisins and pecans. All just a matter of personal preference. Needless to say this will be going in both my digital and regular recipe box! Thank you!