Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a college friend many, many years ago. It makes the best tasting oatmeal cookie I've ever eaten, and I've made countless batches for my Dad through the years. I also used to make them to sell at my parents' pizza restaurant--and they sold out as soon as they went on the counter.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats (old fashioned are best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Cream margarine, white and brown sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Blend in oats, soda and salt BEFORE adding the flour. Add as many raisins as you want.
- Chill dough to make it easier to work with. Roll dough into balls and flatten with a glass dipped in water and powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Cookies freeze well.
These are healthy-tasting oatmeal cookies (not very sweet), but still tasty and the texture was good.
These are fantastic! They are simple to make and have a great texture and flavor. You can also add a handful of chocolate chips and that makes them just about PERFECT!