1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Cookies #236
Susie in Texas's Note:
When I decided to post this recipe I thought there must be several oatmeal cookie recipes already posted. I was right! I went thru 235 oatmeal cookie recipes already posted but none of them, I found, have these same ingredients. These are truly delicious, moist and chewy oatmeal cookies. And you can interchange the baking chips. Try them with white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips. This recipe makes 6 dozen cookies but bake half and freeze the other half for another day. I lay out film wrap and roll part of the prepared dough into logs and then wrap again in foil. Freeze until ready to use and then slice and bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry flavored dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In large mixing bowl beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- 3Add eggs, molasses and vanilla and combine well.
- 4In another bowl combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon, stirring to mix together.
- 5Add dry ingredients slowly to the butter mixture, mixing until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- 6I do this using a wooden spoon because the dough becomes too thick for an electric mixer.
- 7Add pecans, both kinds of baking chips and dried cranberries last.
- 8Continue mixing by hand until all ingredients form a stiff dough.
- 9Measuring about a tablespoon of dough for each cookie, place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 10This cookie dough will not spread while baking so you might want to flatten each mound of dough just slightly with fingers or back of spoon.
- 11Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookie begins to brown.
- 12Carefully Remove baked cookies from baking sheet as soon as they come out of the oven.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Cookies #236
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 55.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g