1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Cookies
Old family recipe from my husband's Mother who was probably making these in the late 1930's. Life was on a farm and she also made her own lard at that time. Cookies can be dropped by spoonful on cookie sheet, or rolled and cut with cookie cutter. Very tasty and nice and crispy cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cream together in large bowl, lard and sugar. Add egg and blend well.
- 3In another bowl, combine, salt, baking powder, oatmeal, and flour.
- 4Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients.
- 5Drop by teaspoonful on lightly greased cookie sheet, or roll and cut with 2- 1/2 inch round cookie cutter.
- 6Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- 7Dough can also be molded into rolls; bake some and freeze rolls for later use.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1825 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 92.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g