Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Adapted From Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meal
Top Review by **Mandy**
Really nice pancakes... I used only 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla yoghurt in place of sour cream and a little extra milk as well to thin the batter. I also used 1 banana and about 1/2 cup grated apple. My 1 year old couldn't get enough of these and my 5 year old also enjoyed thoroughly. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed up or 1 cup shredded apple
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a another bowl, mix the next four wet ingredients.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined, then fold in the mashed up bananas.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat, then spray with cooking spray.
- Cook pancakes, about 1/3 cup for each one, until bubbles form on the top, then flip.
- Pancakes will cook about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm with syrup.