Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted From Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed up or 1 cup shredded apple
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a another bowl, mix the next four wet ingredients.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined, then fold in the mashed up bananas.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat, then spray with cooking spray.
- Cook pancakes, about 1/3 cup for each one, until bubbles form on the top, then flip.
- Pancakes will cook about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm with syrup.
Really nice pancakes... I used only 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla yoghurt in place of sour cream and a little extra milk as well to thin the batter. I also used 1 banana and about 1/2 cup grated apple. My 1 year old couldn't get enough of these and my 5 year old also enjoyed thoroughly. Thanks for posting!
These were very good, but I couldn't get them to come out round. The batter is very sticky becasue of the banana so be sure to use cooking spray as the recipe states. The flavor in these is wonderful and they are dense and filling. Thanks for submitting.