Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a very easy mix that you make and then can store in your freezer for later. This recipe makes enouch for 4 batches of cookies. Adapted from 30daygourmet
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shortening
- 6 cups oatmeal, any kind
- In very large bowl mix together everything but the shortening and oats.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender.
- Stir in oats, I like to use old fashioned rolled oats, and stir until throughally mixed together.
- Measure out 4 cups of mix and place in a labeled 1 quart freezer bag.
- Freeze at this point.
- To bake cookies: Remove bag of mix from freezer and allow to thaw a bit before using.
- In bowl, mix 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 cup of any extra add in's you may want (chocolate chips, raisins, dried cherries, nuts) and 1 teaspoons of cinnamon if desired. Add cookie mix and stir together. It will be thick and sticky at this point.
- Use spoons to place rounded scoops of batter on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.