Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mix up a batch of this cookie mix and keep in the pantry. When you want to surprise your family with homemade cookies, you can have them in the oven in no time. This is yet another wonderful recipe from Make-A-Mix Cookery. This mix can be used with Raisin Spice Cookies Raisin Spice Cookies and Oatmeal Cookies Oatmeal Cookies.
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 946.36 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 19.71 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 1419.54 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 709.77 ml vegetable shortening
- 1892.72 ml quick-cooking rolled oats
- In a large bowl combine the flours with salt, baking powder and baking soda; mix in brown sugar.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until it is evenly distributed.
- Stir in the oats and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a large airtight container.
- This can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to 12 weeks.
Well this sure gave me a good upper body work-out. This makes a huge amount, so I'll be experiementing with it making different Oatmeal Cookies. Did I say this makes a HUGE amount.
I decided to cut this recipe in half, & now wish I hadn't, but . . . ~ IT'S A GREAT, EASY-TO-PREPARE MIX, I know, 'cause I then turned around & made one of your cookie recipes! Very nice to have on hand, especially during the holidays! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #22]
This recipe sounds wonderful, but will be impossible to make without the final baking instructions.