Recipe by PaulaG
Mix up a batch of this cookie mix and keep in the pantry. When you want to surprise your family with homemade cookies, you can have them in the oven in no time. This is yet another wonderful recipe from Make-A-Mix Cookery. This mix can be used with Raisin Spice Cookies Raisin Spice Cookies and Oatmeal Cookies Oatmeal Cookies.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Well this sure gave me a good upper body work-out. This makes a huge amount, so I'll be experiementing with it making different Oatmeal Cookies. Did I say this makes a HUGE amount.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 cups vegetable shortening
- 8 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the flours with salt, baking powder and baking soda; mix in brown sugar.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until it is evenly distributed.
- Stir in the oats and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a large airtight container.
- This can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to 12 weeks.