Recipe by Chris from Kansas
Creamy vanilla ice cream on top of a crunchy oatmeal cookie crust. The strawberry topping makes it extra special. This is a delicious pie that everyone should enjoy. Cook time is for freezing.
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats or 236.59 ml old fashioned oats
- 158.51 ml almonds, chopped
- 73.94 ml brown sugar, divided
- 14.79 ml flour
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
- 946.0 ml vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 340.19 g strawberry, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, almonds, 3 tbsp of the brown sugar, flour and melted butter; toss thoroughly.
- Press evenly into 9-inch pie plate that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in 375° oven for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- Coat bottom of metal measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray; use bottom of cup to press crust evenly into pie plate.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Fill crust with ice cream; freeze until firm.
- Just before serving, toss berries with remaining 2 tbsp brown sugar and vanilla.
- Arrange over top of pie.