Recipe by Chris from Kansas
Creamy vanilla ice cream on top of a crunchy oatmeal cookie crust. The strawberry topping makes it extra special. This is a delicious pie that everyone should enjoy. Cook time is for freezing.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 3⁄4 lb strawberry, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, almonds, 3 tbsp of the brown sugar, flour and melted butter; toss thoroughly.
- Press evenly into 9-inch pie plate that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in 375° oven for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- Coat bottom of metal measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray; use bottom of cup to press crust evenly into pie plate.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Fill crust with ice cream; freeze until firm.
- Just before serving, toss berries with remaining 2 tbsp brown sugar and vanilla.
- Arrange over top of pie.