Recipe by Hoddevik
This smells so good while cooking! Makes a great cereal or snack, and of course tastes like a great oatmeal cookie. The directions call for cooking on a greased cookie sheet but I used a silpat mat and it worked great.
- 4 cups oats (or any combination of grains to equal 4 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup flax seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, flax, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add honey.
- Once it starts to simmer, remove from heat and quickly stir in extract. Mix well, and pour over dry mixture. Mix to coat thoroughly, and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until done.
- Allow to cool completely, break into large pieces and store in an airtight container.
- *Note - granola nuggets form better if you stir the granola as little as possible while baking, and don't stir it at all while it's cooling.