Recipe by maura.whelan
Copycat of Momofuku Milkbar's Compost Cookie from: http://oatmealcookie.typepad.com/the_oatmeal_cookie_blog/2009/04/copycat-momofuko-compost-cookies.html
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup potato chips
- 1⁄2 cup pretzel
- 1⁄2 cup Frito corn chip
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In your Kitchen Aid or a large mixing bowl, cream together the creamables.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the combined wet ingredients to the creamables. Mix together until well incorporated.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold together until evenly distributed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the combined creamables and wet ingredients. Mix until evenly combined.
- Shape dough into balls--about 2 tablespoons each.
- Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on Silpat- or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Then place cookies on wire racks to cool.