Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A cookie in biscotti form!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat eggs, adding sugar gradually, at medium speed until smooth and light, 1-2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture and raisins.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto baking sheet and, with well floured hands, form into rectangular logs about 1/2 inch high. Sprinkle a few oats on top for decoration. Length and width are your perogative. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Slice logs into 1/3-1/2 inch thick slices (1-1.5 cm) and lay flat on baking sheet.
- Lower oven temperature to 300°F Bake sliced cookies for 15 minutes, flip them and bake for an additional 15 minutes. If cookies are not firm, depending on how thickly they were sliced, turn again and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Yummy!! I made a few changes including leaving out the cardamon, increasing vanilla to 1 1/2 teaspoons, and leaving out the raisins and topping them with additional rolled oats before baking. They smell amazing and I would definitely make them again!
This is delicious biscotti. I used mini chocolate chips instead of dried fruit. Also, I only had old fashioned oats, but they worked fine. It should be noted that there is vanilla in the recipe, even though it's not mentioned in the step by step directions. (I goofed and didn't add it in, but the biscotti still tasted great.)
I went to all the trouble to sign up to this site so I could say how bad this recipe turned out...feed the cookies to the dogs...the basic recipie is bad....use a good one to start with and go from there. Dogs have enough cookies for a few days.