Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice, quick bar cookie. Got this from a neighbor.
Make and share this Oatmeal Cookie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together all bar ingredients and evenly press into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- For topping: Melt the chocolate in a sauce pan over low heat; gradually stir in the heavy cream; mix until well-combined. Spread this mixture evenly over the baked bars in the pan.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.