Recipe by Jenny Sanders
I got very bored with standing around for 15 or 20 minutes every morning, stirring oatmeal. Wasted time! I kept thinking, "I could be on 'Zaar instead!" Then I came up with this idea, and now I am.
Top Review by Martha wanna-be Melissa
I can't tell you how many times I've made this recipe. It comes out perfect EVERY time. I use oat bran instead of wheat. We like ours sweet and add sugar with all the ingredients and use craisins instead of raisins. I'll put all the ingredients (less the water) in the rice cooker at night, measure out the water and put in the fridge. Whoever is 1st up just goes in the kitchen, pours in the water and stirs, plugs in the cooker and pushes the Quick Rice button. Mmmm
- 1 1⁄4 cups large flake rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup other dried fruit or 1⁄3 cup fresh fruit (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients in a rice cooker.
- Turn it on.
- Go away, and come back in 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir once, as there may be a little moisture on top, and serve up.
- Be sure to use a wooden spoon.
- I like mine sprinkled with a little ground flaxseed, sugar and light cream.