Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is a great cookie. It's chewy on the inside and crispy around the edges. A favorite with children.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and flavorings.
- Sift dry ingredients and add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir in oats. raisins and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12- 13 minutes or until lightly browned.