Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a really easy pie to make. It's reminicescent of a pecan pie, but without the nuts. I like it because the inside is soft and chewy, while the top is crunchy. Sometimes, for a change, I throw in 1 cup of chocolate chips. I believe the original recipe came from Woman's Day. NOTE: Prep time does not include time it takes for pie shell to defrost.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats (or quick oats)
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 9 inches pie shells, unbaked (thawed if frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350*. Stir all filling ingredients together in a a large bowl until well mixed.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake 50-60 minutes, until golden and a toothpick stuck in the centre comes out clean. Filling may still jiggle in the centre.
- Cool and serve (nice topped with spoonful of Cool Whip).
Delicious and super simple to make. I made it for out of town guests who asked for the recipe before even finishing their slices. I may add some sliced almonds to it the next time I make it. Yum, yum!