Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This recipe really sounds lovely! I found it recently and can't wait to make it for my family! (cook & prep time is just a estimate-I have not tried this before!
- Beat the yolks and 3 tablespoons sugar in a heatproof bowl until pale and thick.
- Place over saucepan of boiling water. Whisk until pale and very thick, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool; cover and refrigerate.
- Fold in the cream, then set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine the water, oats and salt in medium saucepan, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and butter.
- Spoon the oatmeal into 6 oven-proof shallow bowls or gratin dishes.
- Top each with scant 1/4 cup of cream mixture.
- Broil 3 inches from heat source 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- Sprinkle remaining 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, coconut and berries.