1 hr 30 mins
This recipe really sounds lovely! I found it recently and can't wait to make it for my family! (cook & prep time is just a estimate-I have not tried this before!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the yolks and 3 tablespoons sugar in a heatproof bowl until pale and thick.
- 2Place over saucepan of boiling water. Whisk until pale and very thick, about 5 minutes.
- 3Let cool; cover and refrigerate.
- 4Fold in the cream, then set aside.
- 5Preheat broiler.
- 6Combine the water, oats and salt in medium saucepan, bring to boil.
- 7Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in the milk and butter.
- 9Spoon the oatmeal into 6 oven-proof shallow bowls or gratin dishes.
- 10Top each with scant 1/4 cup of cream mixture.
- 11Broil 3 inches from heat source 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- 12Sprinkle remaining 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, coconut and berries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Coconut Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.5 mg
- Sodium 153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g