Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies have been a favorite of my husband's since he was little. I have to agree with him they are quite yummy. I hope you enjoy them. One thing, watch closely so they don't over-cook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup shortening, melted
- 1 egg, well beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients, then mix in shortening and egg.
- Once combined shape in to small balls, place on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Watch carefully so not to over-cook.
Wow!I totally messsed up and forgot to melt the shortening but added a little warm water to the mix. These are the best Oatmeal Coconut Cookies I have ever had. Add some Chocolate chips and it's simular to "Dad's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies" New family favorite. Thanks for the post!
Very good taste! I have been looking for a match to the oatmeal coconut cookie that was my fav as a kid. This is as close as I have been able to make. I had started mixing before I realized I only had 1/4 cup of coconut so I just increased the oatmeal and they still turned out well. I will be sure to stock up on coconut and try this recipe again soon. Thanks!
Quick and easy!! Already a favorite in my home.