Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
a very moist and chewy cookie
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick cook oats)
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup coconut (depending on how much coconut you prefer)
- cream oil and sugars with mixer.
- add eggs and vanilla.
- mix dry ingredients and add to sugar mixture.
- add chocolate chips and coconut by hand.
- use small cookie scoop drop onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
I really wanted to like this recipe, but I think using oil instead of butter ruined them for me. I had never used oil for a cookie and I thought I'd give it a try, but you can really taste the difference, and the was greasy. I think because of this I had a problem with the chocolate chips sticking in the dough. They also just seemed to crumble when they came out of the oven :/ If I decide to try them again I'll definitely be using butter or at least half butter half oil.
Halved the recipe and replaced all the oil with unsweetened applesauce, using 1/2 cup semi-sweet choc chips and 1/2 a cup coconut, also used 1/4 cup Eggbeaters for the egg. Needed almost 15 mins and got 11 medium sized cookies. Chewy good texture, but oddly needed something else because it didn't taste very sweet even with the stated sugar. Easy and quick to make, thanks for sharing! :)
Believe me these cookies were amazing, I added some chopped Almonds and walnuts to make it more healthier.And to make it a bit crunchy I cooked it for 12-15 min. My kids loved them and I found a new way to give them oatmeal.