Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
Favorite chocolate chip cookies. Even people I know who HATE coconut LOVE these cookies!
- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal (rolled oats)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut (more or less to taste if you'd like)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Beat butter and sugars together at High speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat on medium speed until blended.
- Beat in vanilla, baking soda and salt until mixed in fully.
- Add flour and mix at low speed until blended.
- Stir in oats, coconut and chocolate using spoon.
- Arrange in mounds on baking sheets. Pat down if desired.
- Cook 12-14 minutes.
- Cool one minute before transferring to cooling rack.
These are awesome cookies! They baked up great and have a nice chewy texture. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I used dark chocolate chips and unsweetened coconut (the kind you can buy at Asian grocery stores). Not too sweet and just enough "tropical"...just what I was craving. Thanks for a great recipe! I will definitely make these again!!
I too loved these cookies. I also used unsweetened coconut so the coconut flavor is subtle, but still there. I also used whole wheat flour and they turned out great. Had to use a vegan butter since my DD is allergic to dairy, but still very yummy. Thank you!