Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies have a honeyed granola flavor. Be careful not to overbake them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, coconut and nuts.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, butter and honey.
- Pour over oat mixture; still until well blended.
- Divide mixture into 30 to 36 balls.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F.
- for about 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Great cookies that have some "good stuff" in them too! I used only 1/2 cup brown sugar and added a little more walnuts cause we love 'em. These do remind me of granola. My sweet-tooth family members here are nearly finished with this batch, and I just made them last night! Is there something addicting in them?! :^)