Recipe by SaraFish
A no-cook sturdy clay thats great for playing and sculpting. It dries very hard overnight and makes rocky figurines and also makes very pretty earthy-textured beads. For a smoother clay, whir the oatmeal in the blender before mixing.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
WOW! Another clay winner! I took time out and made this this afternoon. What fun! I really enjoyed myself thoroughly. This time I used red and green food colours and made 2 batches of this. I used my heart shaped cookie cutter and one batch of this made 34 hearts for me. I did whirl the oats in my mixie before adding it to the flour and water. I used Quick Cooking White Oats of Gardenia Company. I have stored one batch in my freezer and 1 batch outside on my table. This X'mas is fun, thanks so much, Sara! Merry Christmas to you, your DH and your cutie pie boy!
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir ingredients together.
- In large bowl until a lumpy dough forms (add more flour if necessary) then knead the dough on a floured surface (again, add more flour if necessary) until smooth and workable and not too sticky.
- For colored clay, add food coloring to the water before mixing.
- Allow your creations to dry overnight.
- Leftovers can be store airtight in frig for a couple days.