Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Besides making a wonderful gift for the baker on your list, these cookies are very good! --- don't forget to attach the card with instructions onto the jar.
Top Review by lauralie41
I didnt make the mix to put in a jar, only baked the cookies and they are so good. DH could not find the Heath toffee bits so he bought me the mini candy bars and I chopped them in the food processor. A warm cinnamon oatmeal cookie with the chewy bit of toffee. Great cookie recipe for gifting or baking at home. Thank you sweets for sharing! Made and reviewed for KK's Christmas Cookie of the Day recipe tag.
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup toffee pieces (such a Heath Toffee Bits)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 1-quart glass jar with a lid.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar with white sugar and cinnamon; pour into the glass jar then pack down.
- Layer the oats then the toffee bits.
- Mix together flour with baking soda and salt then place the flour mixture on top.
- Close the jar.
- ATTACH A CARD WITH THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS; set oven to 350 degrees F/ place all ingredients from the jar into a large bowl breaking up any lumps/ add in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 1 large slightly beaten egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla; beat until blended/ drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes/ yield 36 cookies.