Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sounds yummy! Found on website.
Make and share this Oatmeal Cinnamon Scones Vegan recipe from Food.com.
- reheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture becomes uniformly crumbly. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Add soy milk and mix gently until a soft dough begins to cling together.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and pat it into a 7 inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges and place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown and firm when pressed lightly in the center.
- Makes 8 scones.
- Substitute any other dried fruit you wish: cranberries, chopped dates or apricots, blueberries, cherries, dried apples or pears. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice if you wish.
- Just before baking, sprinkle scone wedges with granulated sugar for a sweeter taste. You may also increase the brown sugar to 1/2 cup if you wish.
I've been experimenting with coconut oil, so I substituted half of the margarine with coconut oil. I also found them to be a bit dry, so next time I shall use a bit less flour or a bit more milk I think. The flavour and texture of these scones was delightful though. Sandy like a pastry.
Considering scones are generally a butter heavy item, these are very tasty. I have found them to be a little dry, so I always sprinkle a few extra raisins into the dough, then press two or three raisins into the wedges right before sticking them in the oven.
Very good. Nice and short, like a scone should be. I changed the recipe to make Coconut Cinnamon Scones by substituting coconut for the oats. I divided the recipe into 6 wedges for cafe-size portions.